Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Protein

Protein is a pregnant woman's friend. I try to get 100 grams of it a day, which is harder than you think. Let's just say I eat a lot of beans, string cheese, and peanut butter. Luckily, I have the internet at my fingertips, which has allowed me to find lots of protein-packed meals (many of which are vegetarian). This evening, I made a 15-bean soup that I came across on Fat Free Vegan Kitchen (you can find the recipe when you click on the link). The soup was good, but I don't think I added enough liguid, as you can tell by the way my soup looks and the way her soup looks. So, if you make this recipe, make sure to add more liquid to achieve that soup-like consistency.
If you want to find out more on why protein is so important during pregnancy, check out this great little article at babycenter.com.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving beans, cheese, and peanut butter right now, too!

    Can you believe we're 17 weeks along???

    ReplyDelete

 

Neena Mae's Journey | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc.