Monday, August 03, 2009

18 weeks


I can't believe 18 weeks is here--I'm nearly half way done! So far, my 18th week has been rather painful. I've been experiencing round ligament pain (RLP) to the extreme. It was actually so bad on Friday that I ended up in the emergency room thinking something was wrong with the baby. Thankfully, the baby was fine but the RLP has yet to subside. I go through bouts of pain that last 20-45 minutes. The pain extends from my upper hip down to my lower abdomen. It's like menstrual cramps times ten! When I'm not having a long bout I'm just dealing with a dull ache. Only problem is, movement tends to make the RLP rear it's ugly face in full force, therefore, I'm spending a lot of time BORED out of my mind on the couch or in bed. I cannot wait for it to subside!

How far along? 18 weeks.
Gender? I'm having boy feelings this week. We still have 22 weeks before we find out so I'm not putting too much thought into it.
Sleep: Good, if I'm not dealing with the RLP.
Belly Button in or out? In but I can tell it's getting pushed out--weird. Plus, I have that dark line forming on my tummy.
What I miss: Shiraz and German beers. Being able to stand on my feet and do things.
Cravings: Root beer floats. Fruit.
What I am looking forward to: Next ultra sound in 1 week. Getting rid of the RLP.
Milestones: I'm 99.9% sure I've been feeling Li'l P move around. I can't wait for the big kicks and jabs. We bought our crib bedding too!
Weekly Wisdom: I need some positive wisdom this week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like PMS on unemployment - LOL ;)

    (can you tell I'm catching up on my blog reading right now? I'm commenting on like everything!) :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

 

Neena Mae's Journey | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc.